JULY 2020 COVID-19 UPDATE**
We are trading as normal following COVID-19 restrictions, of course, having implemented extra precautions to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff. All patients suffering experiencing flu like symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat and shortness of breath), if you have travelled overseas in the past 14 days or if you have been in contact with someone who is currently being tested and/or has been diagnosed with COVID-19, should call the clinic to reschedule their appointment on (08) 9389 9099.
March 2020 COVID-19 update:
Absolute Cosmetic Medicine is a stand-alone WA Health Department Licensed Day Hospital. We follow strict infection control guidelines, standards and have worked with an Infection Control Consultant for years. To stop the spread we have temporarily paused all Surgery, Injectables and Dermal Therapies. We are still available for aftercare and for Skype, FaceTime and Duo consultations. As a business we are taking many precautionary measures to reduce the risk to all patients and staff, as detailed below.
We are offering all patients FaceTime, Skype or Duo consultation. Although please be rest assured that we are not attached to a hospital who is treating or testing patients with COVID-19.
We are seeing aftercare appointments, skin cancer checks and medical migraine treatment at our Nedlands Clinic, by appointment only. If you have aftercare concerns please get in touch with the clinic by phoning our reception or our urgent aftercare number for urgent aftercare. Of course, we have implemented extra precautions to reduce the risks to our patients and staff. Some of the increased infection control measures that we have put into place are outlined below:
- Extra cleaning precautions have now been implemented
- As per our normal practice, we are wiping down all treatment beds and rooms with hospital-grade disinfectant between patients
- All equipment used in clinic is single use and disposable, they come to us in sterile packaging
- Our team are performing extra wipe downs of the clinic throughout the day, this includes but is not limited to the reception desk, door handles, pens used by patients when filling out paperwork, EFTPOS machines and more
- Practitioners who come within 1.5m of their patient will be wearing a N95 mask, this is for the protection of our patients and practitioners
- We are implementing social distancing measures in our waiting areas, you may notice that our chairs are further apart than usual or that we have signs asking for only every second chair to be used
- All magazines have been removed from the waiting area to reduce the number of surfaces available to touch
- Hand sanitisation stations are located in multiple areas in the clinics
- We have removed the water coolers from our waiting area, if you would like some water please ask one of our reception team or the treating practitioner for one
- These procedures are being monitored and updated daily as more information and advice comes from the Health Department. Please do not be alarmed if you visit the clinic and our infection control procedures have gotten stricter, we are doing everything that we can to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
All patients should call the clinic to reschedule their aftercare appointment on (08) 9389 9099 if you answer “yes” to any of the below:
- If you are experiencing flu like symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat and shortness of breath)
- If you have travelled overseas in the past 14 days
- If you have been in contact with someone who is currently being tested and/or has been diagnosed with COVID-19
Please do not panic, this is a worrying time with many unknowns, please ensure that you look after your mental health and take time away from media reports and social media if it is making you anxious. This is a time to come together as a community; support small and medium local business in all industries and offer help and support to family, friends and neighbours. Although this is a highly contagious virus, the young and healthy are likely to have mild to moderate symptoms. We urge you to take social distancing measures to protect those most vulnerable and look after yourself physically and mentally.
We also offer FaceTime and Skype and Duo consultations please do not hesitate to contact us. We are able to arrange postage of skincare products if you wish to place an order.
Dr Glenn Murray and Stephanie Murray (RN)
Medical Director, Director of Nursing and Owners of Absolute Cosmetic Medicine