The TGA has recently issued a new warning about the dangers of ‘home based’ beauty services, particularly cosmetic injectable treatments.
You can read the full TGA article here
There are four key points to consider when having these injections, including;
1. Were you consulted by a qualified medical practitioner prior to treatment?
2. Is there a medical pratitioner available to supervise the treatment?
3. Was the injected product approved by the TGA, and was it stored under the correct conditions?
4. If I suffer a reaction to the treatment, is the medical practitioner readily available to treat the adverse reaction?
If you feel that your treatment did not satisfy these criteria, or you suspect you may have received counterfeit products, you can report the matter to the TGA via the following channels:
- by phone: 1800 020 653
- by email: email@example.com (link sends e-mail)
- in writing, via post to:Chief Investigator
Regulatory Compliance Unit
Therapeutic Goods Administration
PO Box 100
Woden ACT 2606