How does DOT Therapy work?
The DOT Therapy laser precisely creates thousands of microscopic holes (DOT’s) in your skin, which induces skin tightening and stimulates new collagen growth. DOT Therapy is designed to improve the skin’s texture and tone and to fight fine lines, deep wrinkles, and acne scars. DOT Therapy usually leaves islands of healthy tissue surrounding the microscopic DOTs. This enables your skin to heal more rapidly and minimises overall damage.
The machine is a true laser and only doctors should perform this treatment.
What happens after the procedure?
You’ll generally experience minimal discomfort after treatment; however, some patients can experience some tenderness, swelling or pain. This can be relieved by applying ice to the area.
Aftercare instructions should be strictly followed. Usually, this involves icing and use of a bland moisturiser. The skin should be kept lightly moist for at least two days.
Post-treatment downtime can be from one day to one week. This treatment has variable outcomes and the average is usually 3-4 treatments. It is wise to sleep with an extra pillow, to reduce swelling and take a daily antihistamine.
Why choose Absolute Cosmetic Medicine for DOT Laser Therapy
- Dr Syed has performed almost 4,000 laser therapy treatments making him one of the most experienced in Perth
- Dr Syed has over 15 years of experience in Cosmetic Medicine and many years of experience in Medicine
- We are a full-time cosmetic clinic.
- Absolute has a 24-hour on-call service to assist with any concerns.
- Absolute Cosmetic is licensed and insured to use gas to assist patient comfort
*Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.