What is Silhouette Soft?
The Silhouette Soft suture is made of poly lactic acid and cones on the sutures are made of lactide-glycolic mix. These products are completely compatible with the human body.
What is the structure of Silhouette Soft?
On each suture, there are two series of cones. These cones face in opposite direction and are called bidirectional. This gives better hold and tension when holding the skin on the face.
What is poly lactic acid?
Poly lactic acid has a long history in medicine. It is classified by the US FDA as a safe material. More importantly, it is non-allergenic, breaks down completely and is expelled from the body. The good news is that poly lactic acid stimulates fibroblasts and collagen in the skin, so even when it is absorbed some of its effect is left behind. This increases volume and stimulates skin tightness. So not only do the sutures lift, they also help improve the skin quality.
How is the procedure performed?
The procedure is performed as an outpatient treatment and no incisions are needed. The threads are placed under the skin via needles. Local anesthetic or emla can be applied prior to the threads being placed under the skin. Usually the recovery is immediate although patients that bruise easily may notice some bruising.
Where can I use the threads?
Threads can be placed in the mid face or jaw line, the neck region and even the forehead/eyebrow region.
Please read all of below before attending your consultation and to assist you in understanding the procedure:
- Silhouette Soft Threads Consent Form (200 KB)
- Ice the area but make sure the cold packs are not placed directly on the skin.
- Take Panadol – 2 4 hourly for the next 2 hours.
- Sleep with an extra pillow on at least a 30-degree angle for 3-5 nights
- Be very gentle in washing and shaving the face and no massaging for 2 weeks
- Do not apply makeup for 24 hours
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds for 2 weeks
- Avoid significant massaging of the face for 4 weeks
- No contact sports for 2 weeks
- Avoid dentists, saunas and overexpression for 2 weeks.
- Any concerns do not hesitate to contact your doctor.
Contact Absolute Cosmetic Medicine today to find out more about thread face lifts and to see if this procedure is suitable for you.
*Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.