Cosmetic surgery to the breasts is one of the most popular procedures in the world. While Breast Augmentation with implants is the most popular way to surgically enhance the breasts, it is not the only option. You are able to enhance breast shape, size and symmetry using your own fat. It is particularly popular with patients who would like to mix body contouring surgery such as liposuction with breast enhancement.
What Happens During a Fat Transfer to the Breast?
The procedure involves transferring fat from one area of the body to the breasts. Dr Murray will start by removing some fat using Vaser Pro Liposuction. Many patients decide to remove more fat than required for the fat transfer to enhance body contours. After processing the fat, it is injected into the breasts. Due to the fat being inserted via an injection, the scars and downtime after this procedure are considerably less than with a traditional breast augmentation.
Who is a Suitable Candidate For Fat Transfer to Breast?
You must be in good health before any surgical or invasive procedure. Patients who are usually good candidates for this procedure are:
- Looking to increase breast size from 1-3 cup sizes without the need for implants implants offer
- You are looking for a more natural looking and feeling result than
- You have some excess body fat that can be removed from other parts of your body to be transferred
- You are hoping to enhance the symmetry of your breasts
- You would like a slight lift or to fill out some lost volume in your breasts
Please note that it will not be injected into the breast tissue but will be injected in front and behind the breast tissue. This is a precautionary measure as many years ago it was thought that injecting fat into the breast tissue may increase the chance of breast cancer. It is now thought that this is not the case, however, we still take this precautionary measure.